Identification and verification
Each player must obtain a Player Identification Card. The card will be required as an official player identification at all NVYFL Weigh-Ins, and upon demand by the NVYFL Standards and Rules Committee pursuant to the execution of the Committee's official duties.
Player Identification Card shall be the sole allowable proof of age in determining a player's eligibility.
Accepted Player Identification Cards
Commonwealth of Virginia Identification Card as issued by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
The participant information on the card must match the information on their registration, including current address. The card must be current and not expired.
Visit the VA DMV website for more information on obtaining the ID card.
NOTE: It may take up to 2 weeks to obtain the card, so it is important that it is obtained as soon as the player is registered. They will not be able to weigh-in without it. Receipts from the DMV are NOT acceptable as a substitute for the actual ID.
Commonwealth of Virginia Learner's Permit as issued by the Virginia DMV.
The participant information on the card must match the information on their registration, including current address. The card must be current and not expired. Only official picture ID's will be accepted. Temporary paper permits or receipts are not acceptable.
Commonwealth of Virginia Driver's License as issued by the Virginia DMV.
The participant information on the card must match the information on their registration, including current address. The card must be current and not expired. Only official picture ID's will be accepted. Temporary paper licenses or receipts are not acceptable.
No other Identification Cards/Proof of Age and Residence are acceptable.
All Player Identification Cards of eligible participants shall be maintained during the football season by the Player. All Player Identification Cards shall be available on demand from NVYFL Standards and Rules Committee members.
If at any time during the season, a protest is filed against a player, the Commissioner and Head Coach of the player against whom the protest has been lodged shall attend the NVYFL Standards and Rules Committee Meeting or Weigh-In, as specified, with the Player Identification Card.
Other Requirements and/or Rules
- A player will have only one chance to make his weight. Once he steps on an official scale and is found to be overweight, he must move up to the proper higher weight class. A player who cannot move to a higher weight class, either because their league does not file a higher weight class team, or because they fall outside the boundaries of the weigh-in requirements for any class, may be allowed a second weigh-in at a time and place designated by the Standards and Rules Committee Vice-Chairman.
- There will be no waivers for weight.
- All players must be officially weighed in to become eligible for NVYFL competition.
- All youth registered with one organization become a member of that organization's team roster at the time of his official Weigh-In and cannot be transferred to another organization's team during the football season and post-season.
- Youth shall wear gym shorts or bathing suits at a minimum. Youth shall wear only one of each of shorts (or bathing suit), t-shirt, and socks as a maximum. No long pants, coats, shoes, football uniforms, or other heavier garments will be allowed.
- Late weigh-ins if deemed necessary by the NVYFL shall be conducted at a time and place to be announced, with a per player late weigh-in fee, paid to NVYFL.